Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Card Tote Tutorial

This is probably one of my favourite projects. I CASE’d it off Karine Bailey, my up-line’s upline (isn’t she just so creative??). This Card Tote is so versatile. I’ve used it for, as named, to tote cards, to hold pictures, to hold recipes, you could do so much with it and it is so simple to make.

Supplies:

- 8 ½ x 11 Card Stock (here Lavender Lace)
- Sticky Strip
- Paper Cutter/Scorer
- Ruler
- Flowers For You DSP
- Crafters Tool Kit or Eyelet Setter
- Snail/Glue Sticks
- Silver Eyelets
- Scissors
- Stamps (In The Spotlight)
- Ink – Craft Whisper White, Versamark
- Ribbon (Grosgrain Whisper White)
- Build-A-Flower (Lovely Lilac)
- Mini Glue Dots
- Rhinestones (clear)


Step-By-Step

1. Score 8½ x 11 card stock at 8" and 7 ¼” along both of the long sides of the card stock.

2. Score the card stock at 5 1/8” from both short ends of the card stock.

3. Fold along all score lines.

4. At one end, cut along both of the 7 ¼” (inside lines) just to the first 5 1/8” line that you come to – cut this piece out on both sides. Cut along both of the other 5 1/8” lines just to the 7 ¼” line.

5. Stamp your card stock now, while it is flat. Remember, there will be a top to your tote so make sure you stamp "upright" on both ends of your card stock. Here I have randomly stamped the petal flower from In The Spotlight stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink (you should let this dry a little but you will notice that I did not stamp in this craft in on the sides, as I knew I would be working with them). I also randomly stamped the rounded flower in VersaMark.

6. Mark the points where you want to place your eyelets (here about 1/2 an inch from the edge and 1 1/2" from the sides) and add eyelets.

7. Add embellishments. Here I’ve added a strip of Lovely Lilac DSP from the Flowers For You kit. I also added a flower from the Build-A-Flower set and a clear rhinestone. I’ve added a little label from the Build-A-Flower set, which I have left blank so whomever I give this to can write on it what they are using it for (photos, cards, recipes, etc.). Thread ribbon through eyelets (your choice as to whether the knot goes on the inside or the outside).

8. Add sticky strip as close to the 8` score mark as you can on both sides. Apply your Snail or here I’ve used my glue stick to adhere the little flaps to the inside of the card tote.

9. Fold your card stock in half to form the tote and assemble, tucking the ends in and sticking the flaps down on the inside of the card tote.

10. All Finished!

4 comments:

Karen said...

So cute! I love how you did the eyelets. Your tutorial is really good - clear pictures, explanation easy to follow. Nicely done!

Karen said...

Tag! You're it! I got tagged and now I'm tagging you. Check out my blog for the details.
www.thedaleystamper.blogspot.com

VIP Cards said...

I appreciate you to sharing your favourite projects with us. This Card Tote is really a nice one. I would like to work on this as well. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!