Welcome To Orca Cove

In keeping with a "Free Willy" spirit that everyone usually associates with the orca whale, I intend for this blog to be a "no-holds-barred," honest and open forum. Where I hope to post on any and everything from my long battle with severe chronic pain, my newest and favourite crafting hobby, Rainbow Loom (and maybe even some of my old hobbies too, like knitting, cross stitch, rug hooking etc.). I hope to also share some general and/or interesting life hacks, favourite video/YouTube links, parenting tips (which will most likely be me asking for help than the other way around), and any and everything in between.

Look for my (hopefully) weekly QOT…W and FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts, notices about tutorials posted to my YouTube channel, and the occasional comment on an interesting Pinterest/Instagram post. Thanks so much for stopping by!





Friday, July 31, 2015

~ FLASHBACK FRIDAY ~ July 31, 2015 ~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ~

~ FLASHBACK FRIDAY ~ July 31, 2015 ~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ~ I almost cannot believe that in two days, my husband and I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary! As I mentioned about my parents in my previous Flashback Friday post, sometimes it seems like we just got married and other times it seems like I can't remember a time without my husband. 

I guess that's more that fair, considering that we have our own fairytale, storybook romance to tell. On paper and in print, it doesn't seem to amount to much. But believe me, the fact that we dated for almost four years when I was in high school, spent 14 years apart, got back together and have now been married for 12 years, ours most certainly is more than just a simply fairytale story.

We honestly believe that we are the right people for each other, that we were "meant to be" and that we both had to go through what we went through those 14 years apart in order to be who we are to each other today.

The past almost 8 years, having to live with my severe, debilitating, chronic pain and migraines, that has more than consumed our lives, has not been easy. I sure that a lesser love would have crumbled long before now. 

Despite the extra weight of added pressures, responsibilities and stress borne on not only solely my husband's shoulders, but the effects on my kids and even myself (if I can set the guilt aside long enough to recognize that I'm a victim in all of this too), you would be amazed and impressed at the strength of our love and commitment. (I know there are many days that I look at my husband in wonder at how he is managing to cope with all of this). 

The few times that I've asked, his response has always been something as simple as "I love you" or "I married you in sickness and in health".

I have no idea what to get this wonderful man for our anniversary. Here is a list of traditional wedding anniversary gifts that I found:

1st ~ paper
2nd ~ cotton
3rd ~ leather
4th ~ fruit/flowers
5th ~ wood
6th ~ candy/iron
7th ~ wool/copper
8th ~ pottery/bronze
9th ~ willow/pottery
10th ~ tin/aluminum 
11th ~ steel
12th ~ silk/linen
13th ~ lace
14th ~ animals * historically, this was ivory, but elephants are endangered now
15th ~ crystal
20th ~ china
25th ~ silver
30th ~ pearl
35th ~ coral
40th ~ ruby
45th ~ sapphire 
50th ~ gold
60th ~ diamond

I have married the most amazing, incredible man, and I'm assuming that as much as I wouldn't want a toaster or ironing board, hubby probably wouldn't want a tie either, even though it fits perfectly with the traditional gift for a 12th anniversary, of silk or linen. The best gift I can offer my husband is the undying, unconditional, unfathomable depth of my love, respect and admiration.

I LOVE YOU SWEETHEART, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

#FlashbackFriday, #Flashback, #MemoryLane, #Memories, #RememberWhen, #Orcanut, #HappyAnniversary, #WeddingAnniversary, #Fairytale, #Storybook, #Romance, #MeantToBe, #ChronicPain, #Migraines, #Pressures, #Responsibilities, #Stress, #Guilt, #Commitment, #Victim, #Strength, #ILoveYou, #InSicknessAndInHealth, #SilkLinen, #Undying, #Unconditional, #Unfathomable, #Love, #Respect, #Admiration

No comments: