Welcome To Orca Cove

In keeping with a "Free Willy" spirit that everyone usually associates with the orca whale, I intend for this blog to be a "no-holds-barred," honest and open forum. Where I hope to post on any and everything from my long battle with severe chronic pain, my newest and favourite crafting hobby, Rainbow Loom (and maybe even some of my old hobbies too, like knitting, cross stitch, rug hooking etc.). I hope to also share some general and/or interesting life hacks, favourite video/YouTube links, parenting tips (which will most likely be me asking for help than the other way around), and any and everything in between.

Look for my (hopefully) weekly QOT…W and FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts, notices about tutorials posted to my YouTube channel, and the occasional comment on an interesting Pinterest/Instagram post. Thanks so much for stopping by!





Monday, June 1, 2015

AND SO WE BEGIN...AGAIN ~ Friday, May 29, 2015

Several years ago, I believe it was in 2007 - 2008, I started a blog, ORCA COVE, when I was a representative for Stampin' Up. (SU makes and sells stamps and matching paper crafting supplies). I have long since stopped selling SU and have had to pretty much give up making homemade cards. (I still have all of the supplies, so I hope to someday get back to it, but for now, it's sits on the back burner). I've deleted all of my previous posts on this blog and hope to begin anew with a more personal, general interest, all purpose blog. My latest crafting craze and absolute most favourite hobby, by far, has been my discovery of the Rainbow Loom. I have been posting and sharing my original designs and creations via tutorials on YouTube and on my Facebook and Instagram accounts. In my version of "Throwback Thursday," I also began to post some (hopefully) general interest memories via my FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts as well as a QOT...W (which stands for "Question Of The...Whenever" although it coincidently has been on Wednsdays that I tend to post my QOT...W so some could conceivably say that the "W" stands for Wednesday). As you may have already figured out, I kinda, sorta, maybe, just a little bit, have a hard time keeping my posts short, sweet and to the point. You might not believe this, but I tend to ramble, a LOT. I'm not saying that everything that I have to say is worth listening to, but I try to keep things real and usually say what I think (sometimes without thinking) and always mean what I say. The combination of being long-winded and wanting to thoroughly get my point across, doesn't bode well when you have to watch your word count. (Did you know that on Twitter, your posts are limited to 140 characters? And that's including spaces and punctuation!! Can you imagine?? It's not much wonder that I always forget that I have a Twitter account)!! As I mentioned, I have been posting my FLASHBACK FRIDAY and QOT...W to my Instagram account, however, Instagram limits the number of characters per post as well, and most of them I have had to divide into several different posts or parts (eg: Part 1 of 5). I have decided that perhaps the more reasonable venue for these posts may be via a blog, and so, I have resurrected my old Orca Cove blog and will then just post a short and simple notification of my newest post to my Instagram accounts. Stay tuned because I plan on re-posting all of my Flashback Friday posts, my recent QOT...W posts as well as some very old blog posts that were more general in nature. Thank you so much for you support, encouragement and contributions!! #Blog #BlogPost #OrcaCove #Orcanut #GeneralInterest #Hobbies #NoHoldsBarred #Forum #ThrowbackThursday #KeepinItReal #SayWhatIThink #SayWhatYouThink #SayWhatIMean #SayWhatYouMean #MeanWhatISay #MeanWhatYouSay #RainbowLoom #Crafting #Tutorials #ChronicPain #Knitting #CrossStitch #RugHooking #LifeHacks #ParentingTips #YouTube #Instagram #FlashbackFriday #QOTW #Twitter

No comments: