Welcome To Orca Cove

In keeping with a "Free Willy" spirit that everyone usually associates with the orca whale, I intend for this blog to be a "no-holds-barred," honest and open forum. Where I hope to post on any and everything from my long battle with severe chronic pain, my newest and favourite crafting hobby, Rainbow Loom (and maybe even some of my old hobbies too, like knitting, cross stitch, rug hooking etc.). I hope to also share some general and/or interesting life hacks, favourite video/YouTube links, parenting tips (which will most likely be me asking for help than the other way around), and any and everything in between.

Look for my (hopefully) weekly QOT…W and FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts, notices about tutorials posted to my YouTube channel, and the occasional comment on an interesting Pinterest/Instagram post. Thanks so much for stopping by!





Wednesday, June 24, 2015

QOT...W ~ June 24, 2015 ~ I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW!

QOT...W ~ June 24, 2015 ~ I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW! ~ I figured that since I've covered books, movies and dreams, I may as well talk about TV shows too. I'm sure everyone has their favourite "can't miss" shows that they watch on tv. (And I'm not talking about daytime soap operas, but the television shows that are aired during prime time). 

My favourites haven't changed much over the years. I am however terribly disappointed about shows that I really started to get into, only to have the networks cancel them after only a few episodes or not renew them the following season. 

The shows I have been watching this year include (in no particular order, although I will * my favourites): Revenge*, Once Upon A Time*, Arrow*, Red Band Society, Stalker, The Flash*, Person Of Interest*, Scandal*, Elementary, Scorpion*, Forever, Deadliest Catch*, and Gracepoint. I also watched every season of Grey's Anatomy. I'm not really heartbroken that the series has ended though, I kinda feel that it ran its course.

In doing research for this post, I discovered that several of the shows I enjoyed watching this past fall, (some favourites), are either being cancelled or will have their series end this year. They are: Stalker, Revenge, Gracepoint, Red Band Society, and Forever. I sincerely hope that none of my other favourites end up being cancelled!!

Other shows that have already been cancelled over the past few years, much to my chagrin, are: Ringer, Private Practice, Body of Proof, Deception, The Tomorrow People, Betrayal, Hostages, Do No Harm, Touch, Golden Boy, Twisted, GCB, The Finder, The Vineyard, A Gifted Man, Harry's Law, In Plain Sight, and Unforgettable. All great shows that are now on the cutting room floor.

There are several shows that I thought had really great characters and character development, and a good storyline. However, they were still cancelled and they NEVER should have been. They are: Hostages, Touch, Twisted, The Vineyard and Harry's Law. Another show I was heartbroken to see end was The Finder. I believe that this was the last show that Michael Clark Duncan starred in before his death. 

The one show that I was most disappointed to see not renewed was The Tomorrow People. I LOVED this show! It was mostly about teens who had special abilities, like telekinesis, teleportation and telepathy. I really was very disheartened when the network pulled this show. I want to know what happens next with the characters!!

The summer season is upon us and many of the "regular" programs are not running. The networks do however, release summer programming and I have started watching a few of the new and returning summer release TV shows. Some look to be fairly interesting and I hope to at least check them out. They are: The Briefcase, Whispers, Stichers, Pretty Little a Liars*, Proof, The Brink, Humans, Zoo, Scream, Between, and Mistresses*. With the exception of Pretty Little Liars and Mistresses, the rest are all new series, set to start or have started already this summer. 

My daughter and I are watching Between, and so far, it's pretty gripping! I have only watched a couple of episodes of Whispers and Stichers and they both look really good. I am trying not to get too vested in these shows though, because the way things have gone, they will be cancelled too!

As a family, we also really enjoy watching America's Got Talent during the summer months, so I'm really glad it has survived the network cuts over the years!!

And so, today's QOT...W is, "WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOWS THAT YOU WATCH REGULARLY? DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE SHOW THAT IS NO LONGER AIRING, either because it has aired its series finale or because the network cut it from the programming lineup?

#QOTW, #QOTD, #Orcanut, #TVShows, #Cancelled, #FavouriteTVShows, #PrimeTime, #Episodes, #Season, #Series, #CharacterDevelopment, #Plot, #StoryLine, #SummerTV, #FallTV, #SeasonFinale, #SeriesFinale, #MichaelClarkDuncan, #Hostages, #Touch, #Twisted, #TheVineyard, #HarrysLaw, #TheFinder, #TheTomorrowPeople, #InPlainSight, #Unforgettable, #Deception, #BodyOfProof, #Betrayal,

No comments: