Welcome To Orca Cove

In keeping with a "Free Willy" spirit that everyone usually associates with the orca whale, I intend for this blog to be a "no-holds-barred," honest and open forum. Where I hope to post on any and everything from my long battle with severe chronic pain, my newest and favourite crafting hobby, Rainbow Loom (and maybe even some of my old hobbies too, like knitting, cross stitch, rug hooking etc.). I hope to also share some general and/or interesting life hacks, favourite video/YouTube links, parenting tips (which will most likely be me asking for help than the other way around), and any and everything in between.

Look for my (hopefully) weekly QOT…W and FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts, notices about tutorials posted to my YouTube channel, and the occasional comment on an interesting Pinterest/Instagram post. Thanks so much for stopping by!





Saturday, June 6, 2015

~ FLASHBACK FRIDAY ~ JUNE 5, 2015 ~ ONE OF THOSE DAYS ~

FLASHBACK FRIDAY ~ June 5, 2015 ~ ONE OF THOSE DAYS ~ I'm not flashing back very far for this weeks post. Only going back over the past couple of months or so. Have you ever had "one of those days"? You know the kind, the one where nothing goes right? If you have enough energy to get out of bed at all, you sleep through your alarm and stub your toe getting out of bed (really, it can happen)! You discover that you've not only run out of shampoo, the hand soap is but a sliver that would barely get your face clean. You knick yourself (several times) while shaving, forgot to put the wash in the dryer, didn't do any ironing, and have to pick the cleanest of your dirty clothes to wear. You're running so late that you don't have time for breakfast, the gas tank is on E for "enough driving this week, on strike now" and you miss the only bus. When you finally get to work/school, you have reports due that are far from being finished, you realize that you've forgotten your lunch, and oops, in your haste to leave the house, you forgot your purse/wallet too. You end up having to stay late and miss the last bus home. 

You get home so late and exhausted that you forgo supper for an early bedtime. You climb into bed, forgetting to set the PVR to record the season finale AND season premieres of your two favourite shows, that happen to be airing on the same night. Slowly, you drift off to la la land, all the while pondering that little niggling thought in the back of your mind that you've forgotten something.  

You awake the next morning, a whole lot groggy and only slightly refreshed. You have not had a good sleep. As you struggle out from under the covers, that little niggling thought finally becomes crystal clear. 

In your haste to get to bed and put this "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" behind you, you've forgotten to finish the laundry, buy new shampoo and hand soap, get new blades for your razor, do any ironing, fill the car with gas etc., etc.

Sighing, and close to tears, you realize that you're in for another day just like the one you've had the day before and all you want to do is crawl back into bed and make the past rewind and start over. Wishing that life could really imitate art and there really could be a "GroundhogDay," you burst into tears because you're reminded that you forgot to set the PVR, nixing the idea of watching the premiere of your favourite show, which then reminds you that you've missed the finale of the other show as well. 

If not for the fact that you know better, you almost wonder if it could possible get any worse.

And again, that is all IF you've been able to get out of bed in the first place, which in light of the alternative, actually doesn't sound so bad at all!

Well, that's kinda how my past few months have felt. It's just been "one of one days" for months on end! 

I can't seem to get anything accomplished. My severe chronic pain is ruling my life, with a little help, I'm sure, from my seemingly best friend, Mr. Murphy! (As in Murphy's Law).

I cannot remember the last time that I was able to work on anything remotely close to Rainbow Loom. And you know how bad it must be if I'm unable to do at least that!! I have nothing on tap as far as new designs go, and I am very backed up in editing and recording tutorials. I haven't had the energy to do either, and I LOVE working on Rainbow Loom stuff, so it kills me that I haven't been able to do even a little bit, for months and months!

AND ~ Rainbow Loom is only my passion, my hobby. So what does that say for my responsibilities?? Nothing is getting done!

I just want to sleep and cry all day, feeling sorry for myself.

I guess it's a good thing that "this too shall pass" and that I truly believe that if a God brings you to it, He will see you through it."

There is always tomorrow, right?

#Flashback #FlashbackFriday #MemoryLane #Memories #RememberWhen #Orcanut #OneOfThoseDays #NothingGoesRight #SleepIn #StubYourToe #NoShampoo #CutYourselfShaving #NoCleanLaundry #RunningLate #OutOfGas #MissTheBus #NoMoney #GoToBedEarly #SeasonPremiere #SeasonFinale #RoughNight #GroundhogDay #ChronicPain #MurphysLaw #RainbowLoom #FeelingSorryForYourself #ThisTooShallPass #IfGodBringsYouToItHeWillSeeYouThroughIt #CouldItGetAnyWorse #TerribleHorribleNoGoodVeryBadDay

No comments: