Welcome To Orca Cove

In keeping with a "Free Willy" spirit that everyone usually associates with the orca whale, I intend for this blog to be a "no-holds-barred," honest and open forum. Where I hope to post on any and everything from my long battle with severe chronic pain, my newest and favourite crafting hobby, Rainbow Loom (and maybe even some of my old hobbies too, like knitting, cross stitch, rug hooking etc.). I hope to also share some general and/or interesting life hacks, favourite video/YouTube links, parenting tips (which will most likely be me asking for help than the other way around), and any and everything in between.

Look for my (hopefully) weekly QOT…W and FLASHBACK FRIDAY posts, notices about tutorials posted to my YouTube channel, and the occasional comment on an interesting Pinterest/Instagram post. Thanks so much for stopping by!





Wednesday, June 17, 2015

QOT...W ~ June 17, 2015 ~ "BEST DREAM / WORST NIGHTMARE?"

QOT...W ~ June 17, 2015 ~ BEST DREAM/WORST NIGHTMARE I had intended on answering part of last weeks QOT...W, "WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DREAM? WHAT IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?", as last weeks "FLASHBACK FRIDAY, but since I had prepared a post already, I decided it was best to keep the "dream theme" together with the QOT...W posts.

{Just as a reminder, most of us know QOTD to stand for "Question Of The Day." As I mentioned in my very first QOT...W. (Which despite surprising myself at pretty consistently posting this every Wednesday, does not stand for "Question Of The Wednesday") or even "Question Of The Week" but rather  "QUESTION OF THE WHENEVER"! I do tend to be rather sporadic with posting to FB or Instagram, and although I will continue to try to post regularly, just to cover my butt, I thought it best to entitle these queries "whenever" I am able. Thanks so much for following along, participating, and your continued support and encouragement}!!

Getting back to this weeks QOT...W, "WHAT WAS YOUR BEST DREAM AND/OR WORST NIGHTMARE" as I said, I will answer first, and to end on a more happier note, I'm going to start with my worst nightmare.

Unfortunately, this was one of those dreams that you can recall ever little detail, every sound, every image, and unlike most dreams, it doesn't "fade away" the more awake you become.

Usually a persons dream only makes sense to them. And if you have ever tried to listen to someone telling you about their dream, you may understand what I mean. What seems to make perfect sense to the dreamer, is often confusing, jumbled and totally nonsensical to other people.

I think however, that my worst nightmare may resonate with many people, especially moms and perhaps even anyone afraid of flying.

This is a dream that I had many, many years ago (I believe my daughter, now 22, was only three years old at the time). Thankfully, it is not one of my recurring dreams, but I can still remember everything about it as if I dreamt it yesterday. The worst part is that the feelings all come flooding back. The ones that I had during that dream and in the few moments that it took me to realize that it was just a dream. 

In my dream, I am in an airplane that is about to crash. All of the passengers are strangers to me and everyone is talking about the best evacuation plans and arguing over the options available.

There are several different groups, those that believe that following the standard "crash preparedness techniques" demonstrated by the flight attendants is the best option, another group that feels that it is "every man for himself" and the largest group, that I find myself with, the ones who feel that given the circumstances, there is no hope and we are all going to die in the crash.

Perhaps the most vivid part of my dream is the noise. The sound of the wind whistling through holes blown out of the sides of the plane, the sounds of small explosions as parts of the electronics on the plane crackle and blow up, the screaming, crying, raised voices of the panicked passengers. And most especially, the pin-drop, dead silence when the other groups realize that my group was right, that we don't have any chance for survival.

The majority of people decided that we wanted to go out on our own terms, and not wait for the plane to crash and burn all around us. One of the explosions had cracked the right side wing of the plane, causing it to bend up and crashing the engine through the side of the plane. Several of the men on the flight were engineers, and had somehow figured out how to turn the tip of the engine so that it formed a chute leading down into the spinning blades of the engine on that side of the plane. 

We decided to take control of our own fate, and all agreed to that the best way to do this, was to end our lives BEFORE the plane crashed.

(Please remember that this is just a dream, albeit, a bad one, but like most dreams, doesn't have to make any sense whatsoever! ~ Why would I side with the group that felt that we had no hope? Why did the men have to be engineers? How would it even be possible for the wind to bend up, and have the engine, which is under the wing, come crashing through the side of the plane? See, nonsense, but in my dream, it seemed perfectly logical! ~ And please know, that in my waking life, I am much more optimistic and would side with the "stick to the attendants instructions" group and take my chances)! 

Anyway, in my dream, I was flying with my daughter, who in reality was three years old, but in my dream was a much younger infant. I had decided that rather than wait for the plane to crash, I was going to follow those before me and slide down the chute to my instant death. 

I had watched several people go before me, sobbing with parents as they sent their children down the chute, and then as they followed them into the cutting blades of the engine.

I distinctly recall thinking that I didn't want my daughter to suffer and making the conscious decision to send her down the chute head first, so that her death would be instant. I would follow behind her, also head first, holding on to her ankles.

Both my daughter and I were fully extended down into the chute, my ankles, hooked over the end, were the only thing keeping us from sliding down. The closer that we got to the blades of the engine, the louder it became and the vibrations and turbulence shook the plane so much that I was having a hard time keeping my ankles hooked over the lip of the engine housing. 

I awoke just as my last foot lost its hold.

That dream was so real and even 20 years later, still so vivid in my mind! There are times that I love to dream and to recall every single detail of my dreams, this was NOT one of them!

I am NEVER eating a bunch of barbecue peanuts before bed again!!

As I said, ending on a happier note, my best dream, and most favourite, one that I really wish would be a recurring dream, but unfortunately isn't, is about, surprise, surprise, orca whales!

A baby orca whale had beached itself and I was part of a crew sent to help. I was standing knee deep in the ocean water and could see the leathery, rough skin of the orca, covered in tiny barnacles, seaweed and sand.

I reached out my hand to touch the orca and passed out.

Yup, I am such a fanatic about orca whales, that I actually dreamt that I passed out! Unfortunately, when I came to, I also woke up and that was the end of my dream.

I have tried over and over and over again to repeat that dream, to add more details, to remember more, but I have never even once come close.

You've probably noticed that I recalled far mor information and details about my nightmare than I did about my favourite dream. I'm really not sure why that is, as I would much rather remember as little as possible about the nightmare and far more about the good dream, but I'm sure it is probably like that for everyone. The dreams we really want to remember slip away as soon as we wake up and the ones that we don't, we can hardly forget, and the mor ewe try, the more we remember.

So, that's my best and worst. What are yours? As I mentioned in last weeks QOT...W, a long time ago, my mother gave me a book called "10,000 Dreams Interpreted." If you would like for me to try to help you figure out what your dream meant, drop me a line with basic details about your dream and I'll give it my best shot! Again, I stress, this is just for fun, I'm neither a psychic nor a medium and can only tell you what my book says. But sometimes it can be really interesting and often sheds a light on what our dreams may be trying to tell us.

Sweet dreams everyone, don't let the bedbugs bite!!

#QOTW, #QOTD, #Orcanut, #Dreams, #InterpretYourDreams #RememberingYourDreams, #FavouriteDream, #Nightmares, #WorstNightmare, #Psychic, #Medium, #UnderstandYourDreams, #Moms, #FearOfFlying, #AfraidToFly, #Airplanes, #ItWasJustADream, #AirplaneCrash, #Crash, #Passengers, #WeAreAllGoingToDie, #Explosions, #Engines, #Blades, #HeadFirst, #HeadFirstIntoPlaneEngine, #OrcaWhale, #BabyOrca #BeachedWhale, #Fainted

No comments: